Discuss Kudos wetroom in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Y

yeronga

Hi. I,ve a wetroom to tile , I have done a few before that I ,ve always tanked myself with no problems.
This one is boarded in a brand called Kudos. the boards are like tile backer board but tongue and groove with a sealant as they are pushed together they are screwed to floor and wall studs (does,nt seem to be any sealer at or around screws) . The joint between walls and floor seems to have sealant as its fitted.
According to supplier you tile straight onto boards as is without any membrane (thinking wall to floor joint).

Has anyone used this system ? Curious to know a bit more before I start. Ta

O

On one

I used this for the first time last year( I think the firm was based not too faraway from you in Cumbria).From what I remember the panels were quite robust,used the polysomething cement glue in the supplied silicone gun sized tubes,dry fitted the panels,lifted them back up,squeezed the poly cement into the tongue then fit the adjoining panel and so on,screwing the panels into the floor as you go. When doing the walls/floor joint put a bead of poly cement onto the floor panel and place the wall panel on top,the poly cement will expand and fill the joint.
What I did have a problem with was that the shower former panels were manufactured thicker than the rest of the floor panels(lipped)

Y

yeronga

I used this for the first time last year( I think the firm was based not too faraway from you in Cumbria).From what I remember the panels were quite robust,used the polysomething cement glue in the supplied silicone gun sized tubes,dry fitted the panels,lifted them back up,squeezed the poly cement into the tongue then fit the adjoining panel and so on,screwing the panels into the floor as you go. When doing the walls/floor joint put a bead of poly cement onto the floor panel and place the wall panel on top,the poly cement will expand and fill the joint.
What I did have a problem with was that the shower former panels were manufactured thicker than the rest of the floor panels(lipped)[/QUOT

I noticed the outer edge of the shower fall was stepped up a few mil against the main floor. It has been fitted by a joiner before I saw it. Don't know whether to cut back or make it it up wit a light screed of adhesive ?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Kudos wetroom in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I am installing a shower/wet room in an upstairs on suite. Shower tray will be installed...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm currently prepping a shower for tiling. One wall has been built out for the shower...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB