Discuss Lady in distress in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

Just Rizzle

lost a job a few weeks ago due to been under cut. the lady rings me today and ask could i have a look at what has happened .
she has had some people come and put down elec ufh and screeded it to the level of her kitchen floor the depth of screed / leveler is 20 mm.
the first thing you see on entry is that the leveler must have been put in with a plough, it is so un even.
the second thing is that it has cracks in it all over some you can get a pound coin in. as well as this the leveler has debonded from the sub floof as when you tap it it sounds hollow.

my recommendation to the lady is this
1 dont pay for the substandard work to date
2 to save the floor pour a 2/1 mix of sbr over the floor and let it soak and grout it into the cracks leave for 24 hrs
3 skim the floor level with a fiber leveler
4 apply bal decoupling mat over kitchen and conservatory floor
5 tile and grout

what are your views discuss?

S

Spud

What is underneath the leveller Ray , the SBR does sometimes work when bonding to concrete surfaces you would be better off using a liquid epoxy as it would bond the floor to any type of substrate , yes re level with fibre leveller and yes use a uncoupling mat , what has caused the leveller to so badly crack ? As underlying problems such as excessive movement may be a bigger problem once you have done your repair it may fail further in the future ?

J

Just Rizzle

What is underneath the leveller Ray , the SBR does sometimes work when bonding to concrete surfaces you would be better off using a liquid epoxy as it would bond the floor to any type of substrate , yes re level with fibre leveller and yes use a uncoupling mat , what has caused the leveller to so badly crack ? As underlying problems such as excessive movement may be a bigger problem once you have done your repair it may fail further in the future ?
sud floor is concreat 70mm deep layed in august. my view is the leveler was mixed with not enough water in it. it is also not fiberous looks like some thing from B&Q is my quess.

J

Just Rizzle

Once you apply heat it will debond further imho ...

A weak mix and poured possibly to thick for strength is a disaster , no way on this planet would I try to rescue it..

you know better than that Ray.
i havent said ill do it yet but do feel sorry for the lady shes down a grand allready as paid the guys up front for materials used so far. may do garys advice and use epoxi if ido the job the tiles shes got are 800 by 400 12 mm porcelain

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
lost a job a few weeks ago due to been under cut. the lady rings me today and ask could i have a look at what has happened .
she has had some people come and put down elec ufh and screeded it to the level of her kitchen floor the depth of screed / leveler is 20 mm.
the first thing you see on entry is that the leveler must have been put in with a plough, it is so un even.
the second thing is that it has cracks in it all over some you can get a pound coin in. as well as this the leveler has debonded from the sub floof as when you tap it it sounds hollow.

my recommendation to the lady is this
1 dont pay for the substandard work to date
2 to save the floor pour a 2/1 mix of sbr over the floor and let it soak and grout it into the cracks leave for 24 hrs
3 skim the floor level with a fiber leveler
4 apply bal decoupling mat over kitchen and conservatory floor
5 tile and grout

what are your views discuss?
Hows the sbr going to bond the de bonded floor to the concrete???
Will it soak threw enough to 'bond' it.
Can't see it myself ray, your on a hiding to nothing [emoji33]

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Lady in distress in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
I'm embarking on tiling a kitchen, wall-to-wall (under washing machine etc). most of the floor...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB