UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Large Format Tiles / Score and snap in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I need advice on score and snap cutting of large porcelain tiles, lets say, over 1000 mm long and at least 10 mm thick. I am thinking of buying a large score and snap cutter but not quite sure. On my last job I had to use angle grinder to cut such tiles, that was time consuming and very dusty.

Ideally, I would use straight cutter but have doubts. I tried cutting such tiles with my montolit that can cut up to 600mm or so and it was not good at all. Can anyone here share their experience on cutting large and thick porcelain tiles with manual cutters? Are they good at all?

Reply to Large Format Tiles / Score and snap in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I’m tiling a ground floor of a house approx 120m through a ground floor with 5 doorways in the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Advice Hi guys, got some 60cmx60cm porcelain tiles to lay in a hallway with a modular pattern...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi people, i am new to the trade and i am looking to buy a manual tile cutter at my training i...
Replies
Views
Renserve
R

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.