UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Large format tiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

Brad

Hi all.....

Could someone please point me in the direction of a good thread on trowels to use for large format wall tiling.

I am also looking for some experienced advice about the correct way to tile large format wall tiles. Particularly porcelain. I have been tiling for a reasonable time now, but have little experience fixing large format. I am unsure on the correct trowel size to use on say a 600x600....also how much addy to use?? For example, after trowelling the wall, do I back butter the tile, or is it good enough to just skim the back of the tile??

Thank you.

C

charlie1

Usually opt for a 12mm trowel and back skim. Maybe 10mm on very flat walls.

Same for me mate!

There a lot more to tiling with large format than picking the right trowel! It's sooo different,from tilind with smaller tiles! I love it when customers often coment when I'm tiling with large formatctiles "that will take you no time, because of the size of them!" I timed myself recently Doug a 900x300, from troweling, backskimming to making sure perfect and inserting spacers, it took me 7 minutes ( I am v fussy though!)

Re trowel size for 600sq I would be using 12 square notch and back skimming!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Large format tiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I need advice on score and snap cutting of large porcelain tiles, lets say, over 1000 mm long...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Looking to lay large format (900x900mm) thin (5.5mm) porcelain floor tiles onto a sand and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a very small area (1m.sq) on an exterior doorway entrance wall to tile. I would...
Replies
Views
I’m tiling a ground floor of a house approx 120m through a ground floor with 5 doorways in the...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.