Discuss Large Section of Mosaic Tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

A

ah666

Looking for a bit of advice

I have a for my sins designed a tiled pattern where a section 600 x 600 within the main tiles (which are 300 x600 rectified and 10mm thick), is formed of 4 sheets of Mosaic tiles (300x300)

I want to ensure that these Mosaics are flat and look good

I have done some Mosaics before but only in a thin strip around 100mm wide and to do this I followed some instructions on this site and made a wooden adhesive spreader to get the adhesive to the correct depth before installing the tiles, this worked well

Should I follow the same process for a large area or is there a better way. I also thought about mixing the adhesive slightly thicker so that I don’t manage to push the mosaics into the adhesive to deep

Any advice appreciated

Thanks

AH666

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Large Section of Mosaic Tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I’ve got a job using marble geometric mosaics about 10 mm thick. I’ve tried several blades to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 45m2 of 1.2 x 1.2 Mirage 9mm floor tiles to lay. Never done this size before. I’m...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm looking to tile the entirety of our small patio area with either brick slips or...
Replies
Views
H
Hi all, I am looking for some advise on the following: the adhesive % covering required for...
Replies
Views
Happyvalley123
H
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB