UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss large stone tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

Buddies

Having been out the trade professionally now for some years ,but always keeping my hand in bathrooms here kitchens there,i have just been to see a job for a friend of a friend (again!!!).Who is wanting 36 meters of wall tiling done .My problem and i hope somebody can help is that the tiles he has bought are marble like 50 by 50 cm per tile.i am concerned with a couple of things 1/what adhesive would be best for such large tiles and 2/it is a gyproc wall would the weight be to great for the wall.i am seriously considering the householder to get a company in as i feel it may be just too big of a job for me .Any advice would be much appreciated thank you.

T

Time's Ran Out

You'd need a cement based powdered adhesive but I'd check the weight of the tiles + adhesives as plastered gyproc will only take 22kg per metre and unplastered 32kg.
Unless your confident and have the wet cutters required, I'd let him pay to have it done.
If you want to do it and have the tools, then you've come to the right place for help and information.
Just keep asking and someone will answer.
Good luck - enjoy and - :welcome:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to large stone tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I am a homeowner living in the Metro Vancouver area in British Columbia. I am currently...
Replies
Views
I am planning to tile bathroom with large porcelain tiles 1200x600 over water-resistant backer...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I was hoping to get some input/help on this situation. Background: We had 12 x 24"...
Replies
Views
Hi I have some large format marble tiles to fit onto bathroom walls. They are 10mm and 800mm x...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.