Discuss latex slc ufh and hardi in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

merit

TF
reading through all the threads on slc as appossed to addy for ufh,
advise needed,
can i slc over the hardi without priming?
can i slc over ply if fixed as reccommended,this stuck in my mind from years ago as a no no
but i suppose products develop
ive been told from the local supplier the weber flexi adhesive can be used on 9mm ply over boarded on floor boards/chipboard,could the same be said of the weber slc?
i tend to addy the ufh as was first directed, but the mat cant always be layed as im mixing up!lol
all recommendations on best products for the above greatly appriceated

all advise on the above

G

Gazzer

Firstly always follow makers of SLC instructions. Some say prime boards and some may not.
Usually I follow the saying "if in doubt , Prime" A call to technical depts are worthwhile.
Yes you can SLC over timber, Weber, BAL, Mapei etc all now have products that are capable. I still wouldnt use 9mm ply as its below BS , 15mm is minimum.
I am sure that Weber state that when going over timber they say a minimum depth of SLC, again not 100% sure but I think it was 10mm of SLC.
As a recomendation of a product, Mapei Ultraplan Renovation screed is my favourite at the moment.

Reply to latex slc ufh and hardi in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi I asked the Wunda technical department if I can just use a Ditra mat only and not the SLC...
Replies
Views
Looking for advice on how much adhesive to use. I’ve taken on my first tiling project and found...
Replies
Views
Morning all, I have been given the opportunity to quote for a 110m floor in a chevron pattern...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
latex slc ufh and hardi
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.