Discuss Laying Marble on Concrete Screed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

clipboard2008

Hi

I have a customer that wants me to tile their hallway and also a changing room for their swimming pool

The hallway (30m2) is currently laid with parquet flooring which was stuck down with a bitumen product. The bitumen has bled through and stained the grout lines in their dining room (this was done by the previous tiler)
Obviously the customer doesn't want this to happen agin so I'm thinking I've got 2 options:
a) Seal the floor with Ardex P51 to stop the possibility of bitumen bleeding
b) Ditra the floor which would definitely stop the bitumen bleeding but also add to the cost
What are you're thoughts?

With regard to the changing room (22m2) on a concrete screed. The customer is most probably going to go with a porcelain product on the floor. Again would I be best using Ditra due to the water that is likely to be sat in the changing room?

Thanks

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Laying Marble on Concrete Screed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
I'm a total tiling beginner having my kitchen/diner redone by builders. The dining area has a...
Replies
Views
Thanks for taking your time to read through this and really appreciate the support! So me and...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, First time posting on a forum but cant seem to find any advice that is matching my...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Laying Marble on Concrete Screed
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.