Discuss Laying over underfloor heating?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

GazTech

No sense in overlaying in plywood, just be sure to use powdered flexible adhesives and flexible grouts. you must also allow the screed to cure properly before tiling, one inch per week, is the drying time. After you have finished tiling, the customer must wait 2 weeks before running the UFH, and it should be increased by 5 degrees per day till max, and the same down to off, this gives the addy and grout chance to accustomise to the temerature changes......Gaz

W

wetdec

As Gaz has said.......:thumbsup:

You will do well to lay a membrane such as Durabase CI to prevent cracking of tiles due to expansion and contraction of the screed. Fix the durabase using a flexible adhesive to the existing screed then tile over the matting. A fleece surface on the screed side of the mat absorbs any latteral movement so preventing cracks traveling through to the tiles fixed to a mesh on the upper serface.

A membrane should be used when tiling over wood floors, new screeds and heated screeds to prevent latteral cracking of surface coverings.

More info is available here for you, Dura-ci uncoupling membrane

Tiler

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Laying over underfloor heating?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
I have a customer who lives in a 200 year old property. The lounge floor he wants tiled which...
Replies
Views
Hello, I did some reading here and there, but the opinions seem to diverge at some point and I...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Laying over underfloor heating??
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.