Discuss Laying Pebbles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dimbo

Hi

I am after some advice on laying sheet pebbles.......
I have a 'wetroom' floor to tile (it's a wet-tray style shower enclosure) and I have to lay Pebbles inside the tray, the walls and floor are finished but I am wondering what adhesive to use? (I was going to use Arduit X7) to fix the tiles, the grout they want is Mapei ultracolour plus 113 (as the floor/walls), do I need to seal the Pebbles prior to grouting? and what size notched trowel should I use? (some of the pebbles seem to overlay each other :yikes:) do I use the grout quite runny so it gets into all the tiny gaps?

Having never fixed these before I am asking for your expert opinions

On the box it just say Indonisian Pebbles

Thanks in advance for any input

Dimbo

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Are they anything like these?

Attachments

• 089.JPG
    166.5 KB · Views: 62
T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

No, I will take a picture of them tommorow and post :) mine are all one colour (grey) and closer together

:lol: Mine were closer together until the grout went in. On a shower tray to avoid pooling you need to get the grout as flush as poss, otherwise water will sit in the depressions, and never drain away. Pebbles are not the ideal base, in a wet room tray imo.

Are yours half pebbles? ie flat on the bottom and round on the top? or flat both sides?:thumbsup:

Reply to Laying Pebbles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Need to choose a grout for the above. For the black floor tiles 300x600 am thinking either...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Laying Pebbles
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.