Discuss layout question in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

reeves1985

Hi guys newly registered to ask for some pro advice on laying out my wall tiles for my new refit

Background:
Very small bathroom 3x1.75m approx
Totally gutted back to start from scratch
Plastered by trade so have fairly basic grasp of things and done the odd bit of diy tiling

Question:
Have chosen fairly basic white wall tiles 400x300mm matte because of the small size I don't want things to look cluttered so keeping the airy feel.
I am going to have 2 feature strips (mosaic) in the vertical fashion one in the middle of the bath (where the shower gubbins Will be) and the other in the middle of the longest wall which will have nothing on it (just to break it up a little bit)
I'm going to be stacking the tiles horizontally (landscape) and what I propose to do with the mosaics is run 2 small strips either side of the normal wall tile but have been thinking I may run the wall tile in between the 2 mosaic strips the other way (eg run 1 row of vertical wall tile portrait in between the 2 small mosaic strips)

Has any one ever seen or done this before or will it just look naff?

The other wall will just be one block of vertical mosaics

All feedback welcome as I am still at the planning layout stage

Thanks

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to layout question in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have a small kitchen with a floor area of 265cm x 140cm with the door recess adding another 20...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
I have a small ensuite that is 1950mm on 2 sides, the other two sides are 1850mm. I have 800mm...
Replies
Views
Alan Bentley
A

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB