Guest viewing is limited

Discuss leaking wetroom in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

leakybathroom

I would be really grateful for some helpful advice - I have a wetroom tiled with porcelain tiles that has leaked. My bulider has talked about covering the floor with good quality lino as the best option or alternatively to re-tile with a polythene or visqueen sheet as a waterproof membrane. Not sure what to go for.... any thoughts? I want a solution that will give me piece of mind against further leaks.

D

Deleted member 9966

just moved in to the house. The wetroom is an en-suite in a loft conversion undertaken by the previous owners 2 years ago

do you have any details of the tradesmen who did this work for the previous owners? for the wetroom to fail within 2 years, it's my opinion that the whole installation needs to be reviewed. Ideally, the tradesmen that installed it to start with should have given some kind of guarantee over the work.

unless you know what materials were used and how the whole thing was put together to start with, you're going to have problems repairing the wetroom.

Reply to leaking wetroom in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm tiling the floor of a wetroom and would like some advice on the best way to lay the...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
leaking wetroom
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.