Discuss lego house in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

rich83

how do...need alittle advice.i live in a new build,(built 2012)the floor where not concrete is some green fibre board,its creaky,i imagine just needs few screws to secure.i want to tile the upstairs bathroom floor with 12x12 porc',of medium thickness.the area to cover is 3 sqm.im not sure of thickness of boards,i imagine as new build they are at least 15mm.so heres what i thought.

1.screw down creaky boards into joists
2.use spf to attach 6mm hardiebacker,also screwed at 150 centres.
3.tile onto hardie,again using spf.

q.is this right,should i use membrane in this install or not.

any advice would be great,going to be first job on own,want to start as mean to go on..

Last edited by a moderator:
J

joshtiler

Exactly the same mate my friends do like football but all support bigger clubs so no one wanted to get a season ticket with me!! Now as you say can't get hold of one there's a huge waiting list!!! Sometimes my partners dads mate can't go so I borrow his season ticket but haven't been for ages, not worth buying singles as seats that are left aren't worth watching from!! There's always the radio, sky sports should show more games!!!

J

joshtiler

Read this mate was posted on here while back :)
http://www.tilersforums.com/tile-adhesive-grout/14597-when-do-i-use-decoupling-membrane.html

Nah mate I had the same problem, I started out as an apprentice with my stepdad and did floor screeding plastering and tiling with him for about 4 years then about 2 years ago went on my own to do just tiling still use the plastering and screeding alot as other peoples prep rarely any good :) what college did you go to mate?

R

rich83

very lucky having step dad give you apprentiship...youre gna love this...i went to otley college,which is near enough ................IPSWICH,the majority were tractorgirls.yep i entered the enemys backyard.it was 2 year course ended last year.it started year we beat em ithink 5-1.i carved it into render ihad done in my bay..you could tell it bugged em,they said we wouldnt get promoted whoops,they said wed get relegated,whoops,good times.ha ha bloody ha. cheers for link

Reply to lego house in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
D
Hello, A recent property purchase as an investment in Florida. Home is 1-owner from new. I'm...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 60189
D
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB