Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Lending tools to family & friends in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

SandyFloor

I'm guessing a lot of you have this problem (going into moan mode).

Monday morning just over two weeks ago I wasted two hours going round picking up my own tools I'd lent to family & friends ( 6ft level, tile table saw & flooring nailer). I'd phoned round a week earlier to say I needed them back by Monday and it just didn't happen. The really annoying bit was when I called one of my mates on sunday night I got his wife who told me it was in the garage whenever I wanted to pick it up just to find it was filthy and not even in it's case. I've lent out tools only to find gaurds etc. removed and fixings missing on a few occasions.

I promised myself that was the last but my brother borrowed my chainsaw and I haven't seen that since. I've sorted the van problem as it's racked out to a degree you can't get anything large in it now.

Now I like help people out but every time I loan something out I get stressed over when and if I'm going to get it back and what state it'll be in to the point I just don't want to do it anymore.

Am I the only one with this problem?

S

ScottG13

I still have tools scattered all over at friends and families houses...... but I have tools of theirs so I cant complain. On the balance of it I think Im winning.

Tiled my mates floor recently and used a trowel of his that he left a mine a while back. Went unnoticed :8: so that came back with me.

I once borrowed some chairs for xmas dinner. A few months later we got a new place and my Dad came round and put down some laminate floor in living room. He came in to the kitchen where I was working and said "sorry scott, I've cut through one of your chairs", to which I replied "Dad, they're your chairs"! :lol:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Send 'em the hire shop! Tell 'em you need what you've got as you make a living from using them. Or tell 'em they're welcome to come around and use it with you present but you can't let it go from its home or the van.

I'm on the other end of this though. As I gave all my tools away so that family stopped pestering me to do their tiling for free, I now have to borrow tools to do it and struggle with the wrong stuff! Grrrr. Not buying anything though!

Reply to Lending tools to family & friends in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Lending tools to family & friends
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.