UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Level a floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mike

try removing any high points if possible and make sure you use the correct slc for the substrate and do not go over the recommended depth for each layer. make sure the floor is dust free and prime as per instructions on the bag. have plenty of buckets at the ready with the required amount of water so you can mix and lay quick for a even and consistent lay. i trowel the slc but some use a spiked roller (i dont have one) i only use mapei renovation screed now, well worth the extra i.m.o.

J

jwatson

firstly its not "self leveling" there is a bit of work needed to get it right.
i was taught a different method to what some others would do by a weber rep.
mix full bags(messured mix essential) in a gorrilla bucket. pour over substrate in a constant motion in lines 8 inch apart up and down.
some troweling may be needed as it is quite tricky keeping a constant flow and accuratley gauging 8inch apart.
spikey roller the area afterwards to release air bubbles.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Level a floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. I've just used Mapei Ultimate Leveller 1210 to cover a very irregular concrete floor in our...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
How would you go about tiling a floor and or wall that's massively out of plumb ? When things...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.