UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Level floor? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Shaun77

Hi, I am tiling my hall, I have plated the floorboards with ply and screwed down every 6 inches and I plan to seal with pva ( as adhesive prep instructs). Having checked the level and it runs out aprox 1/4 of an inch into one corner, should I worry about levelling the ply with a self levelling compound first to allow for the 1/4 inch or just lay tiles as the floor is? And cut the front door to follow the tiles? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

B

bugs183

The floor level isn't your main problem here Shaun i'm afraid.
You really need to be doing something about tiling direct on to ply wood. No matter what adhesives manufacturers tell you it is not a good idea. Most guys here never tile direct, and if they do they use a 2 part rubber crumb adhesive.
If this is you hall way then the tiling is going to get lots and lots of foot traffic, so it needs to be done right. You need to be tiling onto a uncoupling membrane or a cement board such as marmox.

C

cm ceramics

Have to agree with bri, unibond products are mince, went to view a job last month n b n ? Rep advised their non flexible adhesive and grout would do the job n also under measured the amount of tiles required (approx 2 boxes short), told the customer to take them back and get a refund and I'd source the products needed.

I'd agree with the comments never prime with pva.

I use ply to strengthen the substrate but always overlay with a suitable tile backing board

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Level floor? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi - I ripped up laminate flooring on a concrete subfloor. It was my first DIY project and...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views
hello Folks, its a tiny area. 1.8 m2. Joists are solid 3 inch wide. Area is upstairs close to...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.