UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Levelling compound. Multiple layers in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hi.
I've just used Mapei Ultimate Leveller 1210 to cover a very irregular concrete floor in our house. It's the first time I've done this particular kind of job and I'm quite please with the results. It's a fairly big area at 21 m2. (We'll, I thought it was big.
:)
) We intend on laying laminate flooring in this room and understand the importance of having a flat surface beneath the planks.
There are a few minor imperfections in the screed. A few dips here and there. Most only a millimetre, others as much as 3mm. Is it acceptable to smooth out these dips with a second layer of compound. Not over the entire surface, just where the dips are?

I understand that someone may just suggest that I lay the laminate and that 3mm is acceptable, but I would still like to know if multiple layers is acceptable. And if so, what is the best practice for doing so.
Thanks
D

Many thanks

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Levelling compound. Multiple layers in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

As an introduction, I'm a DIY home owner who has gutted the bathroom in a house built in 1980...
Replies
Views
Tony R
T
Hi all, new signup here beginning first tiling job. We've got a conservatory room at the back...
Replies
Views
    • Agree
[reposted here as it seems much more active] Hi, I’m not looking to tile the floor, but feel...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
Hello. I'd appreciate it if you guys could help me out here; I've been reading as many threads...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, After some tips on laying relatively sizeable tiles (300x600 upto the plank like tiles...
Replies
Views
Dumbo
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.