Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Levelling wooden floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

Hanzon

Having lined a wooden bathroom floor with 18mm ply, have found there is a dip in the centre of the floor to a maximum depth of some 10mm at the centre. The depression is nearly 1 metre across. The rest of the floor is ok. The least difficult option seems to be applying a levelling compound. The normal place to start with this type of levelling seems to be at an edge of the room? This would mean working towards the dip. I am wondering whether it would be better to apply the leveller first in the centre of the dipped area and work out wards to the edges and corners of the room where the thickness of the levelling compound would be thinnest?
As regards the leveller, the only suitable leveller I have seen in other posts is Mapei Fiberplan, unless anyone knows any alternative- I woul prefer something that didn't go so quickly . Would appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

D

diamondtiling

As above,
I am liking the Weber one at the moment,was previously called Weber Niv Dur, all packaging in French, but has been re-formulated & re-packaged for UK market. Lovely to use & on special offer for £10.99 plus VAT at an outlet beginning with C !

Just been into Currys and carphone warehouse, tried the local Chinese takeaway. None of them had heard of weber niv dur but I did get a new flatscreen tv, mobile phone and crispy duck for later.

:8::8::8:

Reply to Levelling wooden floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. I've just used Mapei Ultimate Leveller 1210 to cover a very irregular concrete floor in our...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Levelling wooden floor
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.