UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Liability insurance in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

After reading Enduro's thread about the damaged bath, I wondered if anyone has ever had the need to claim on their liability insurance. My excess is £250 so it would have to be a pretty serious bit of damage for me to have to claim. Also, on the same subject, what is the silliest mistake you've made and what did it cost you to put right? I've been quite fortunate that I was trained from the very beginning to cover everything up before you even think about getting a tool out, have dropped a few tiles and had to replace the ones they landed on but, that's only cost me time not money.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
hi bri, £250 excess :yikes: thats a bit steap mate, should be able to get that down to £100, i would shop around if i was you.

as for claiming, iv'e had to claim on mine twice, once when i spilt some primier over a customers carpet that soaked through the dust sheet. i thought i had put the top back on the bottle, but hadn't, and knocked it over with my size tens.

second time, the customer had left her kitchen tiles on the work top, i picked them up to move them onto the floor to dust sheet the work tops, bottom fell out the box, and the tiles fell out marking the work top.

both times claiming could not be easier, just rang the insurence, give them the customers name and address, and thats it , they deal with it all from there, they settle the claim, less £100 which is the excess, and i have to pay that, i just knock it off the bill.

i allso had one idiot that tried it on, he said i had damaged the basin in the bathroom, when you looked under the basin, got about 2mm from it, you could see a slight mark, i told him it looked like a manfacturing fault, but he was having none of it, and the best bit was he told me the basin cost £400, so i told him i would have to put it through my insurence, i took a photo of the basin, went to b and q, after his wife had told me where the suite had came from, when i commented on how lovely it was, and found it cost £86.00, rang my insurence, told them he was trying to pull a fast one, and again they delt with it from there, insisting he shows reciepts for £400 for the basin, as it was a new bathroom. the claim was cancled after a number of weeks when he refused to replie......result!!

i can't stress enough the importance of having good liabilty insurence, my two mistakes would of cost me over a grand instead of £200, if you havn't got it GET IT, for the sake of the £60 / £70 it cost, its a no brainer..:thumbsup:

P

phil w

Ah but don't they give you a free meerkat :hurray: sergei.jpg

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
who's your public liability with andy? need to get some sorted only thing I hate about dealing with those company's once you enquire they pester the life out of you, all I want like anyone else is a reasonable price and should the worst come to the worst a company that won't twist everything around and have you over.

M.M.A. insurance...... tel no...08708 444447...:thumbsup:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Liability insurance in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views
Hi Help me please, I am currently in a care home as a Result of a Head Injury in 2001.The 2...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.