Discuss Life after tiling in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Peter

Do you plan to fix tiles until retirement or are you planning to diversify or go down a different career path?

Don't like the idea of being on my knees for another 40 years as it's already started taking its toll on me at 26. Ideally would like to be off the tools by 40. Would quite like to go back to part time education and go down the Building Surveying degree route, and maybe branch into tiling consultancy, commercial specification, failure reports etc if there would be enough work in it to make a living out of. If not, I wouldn't mind going into some sort of general surveying based role, where I'm still involved in the construction industry but not breaking my back to make a living.

I'm possibly looking at going into education again. I would love to be a paramedic. Im finding it hard in London as finding good help is hard and the traffic and the list goes on...People get quotes from other traders claiming to be half my price...claiming to no need over boarding ditra etc...Every job is a struggle to convince the customer that they do need these things !

We shall see what the future holds over the next few months.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
I'm possibly looking at going into education again. I would love to be a paramedic. Im finding it hard in London as finding good help is hard and the traffic and the list goes on...People get quotes from other traders claiming to be half my price...claiming to no need over boarding ditra etc...Every job is a struggle to convince the customer that they do need these things !

We shall see what the future holds over the next few months.

Not just London Cam. Its all over the country.
But having said that i hear a lot more about poor/cowboy-like antics in London but i put that down to it being more densely populated.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
I've done things the other way round. Done the 25 years in IT, now 6th year in Tiling. I'm 49 this year and can't see myself tiling for the next 20 years. Although, I have never been fitter (apart from my back, knees and sore hands).

If my Royal Bank of Scotland shares reach £10 a share then I will retire.........but I might have to do the odd tiling job just to earn some beer money.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Life after tiling in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
Greetings All, appreciate the expertise existing in this forum. I am a home remodeler, not a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've put down quite a bit of tile over the years but always worked with backerboard. I'm...
Replies
Views
Zack Mc
Z

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB