UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Limestone headache in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

Fizz_bosh

Hi guys,
any tips for me?
Ive had to use an orbital sander to remove stains from grout on honed limestone. Now the stones are no longer stained, but have lost the honed finish & are a bit dull... How can I polishe them up again?

I had a nightmare with the tiler telling me it was a myth about sealing limestone before grouting & even when I offered to seal them myself, he said there was no need!! So I trusted him. Big mistake. He was going to sort the stains, but instead we came to an arrangement with the payment & I took on the stained tiles.

Any tips are really appreciated...

M

MARBLE_TONY

Yes you will be able to hire one from HSS or if you have similar in your area. Walls I would suggest you do by hand with a white emulsifying pad and a spray bottle. (hard work). you will have to do the whole floor and all the walls though to get a uniform finish. And if you want more of sheen then I would suggest a polishing cream.

I would not use a orbital sander! put it away until you need it for what it is designed for.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Limestone headache in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, just after a bit of advice. I've just had some 15mm limestone tiles fitted in my...
Replies
Views
Hi all I laid a full patio with black limestone last October on a full layer of concrete. I...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, I did a limestone floor for a customer which I washed and sealed, then grouted 24 hours...
Replies
Views
hi, i am a virtually retired tiler (58), legs back hips etc etc. a friend carpenter (65) has...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.