Discuss Limestone or Travertine Bathroom ? in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bob Stern

Hi All,

I am just in the process of putting a new bathroom in and have been looking at a natural stone tile to go floor to ceiling. I quite fancy either travertine or limestone in a light gold look. I have read so much about colour variation and poor quality tiles over the internet I thought it was better to just ask advice so here goes.

Is Limestone a better stone to use for colour variation ?

The tiles are going on a concrete floor and I am thinking of an electric UFH, is this suitable with stone or does it take too long to heat up?

Does anyone know of a good stone supplier in the Cambridgeshire area, I have considered Travertine Direct on the internet, the samples look OK I was hoping to pay in the region of £30 psm?

Any advice appreciated guys :smilewinkgrin:

Thanks

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Limestone or Travertine Bathroom ? in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. After living in my property for over 7 years I've recently discovered the type of tile...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, just after a bit of advice. I've just had some 15mm limestone tiles fitted in my...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB