UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Limestone tiled shower - Plan in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DRichards

Hi all,

Moneysaving heads up - You might know of this already - We used Tesco vouchers exchanged for Topps Tiles vouchers. LINK REMOVED,

Loads of great advice on this forum, I've searched & collected bits together, but it might not be a solid plan. Please let me know if you think I've missed anything.
I have all the time in the world to do this right. Watching the pennies but not skimping on what's needed. (Buy cheap - pay twice!:smilewinkgrin:)

Substrate
- new, standard plasterboard so will prepare with BAL WP1 tanking kit -
seal p'board with acrylic primer
Apply tanking coating
Apply tape to all joints
Apply tanking coating on top of tape

Limestone tiles
(600x400 mm) - no further cutting required
Sealed before tiling with Aquamix Sealer's Choice Gold. Can't get hold of the manufacturer's opinion of rear seal affecting adhesive strength!
Front, Rear and edges - 2 coats
24 hours between coats

Tiling

BAL rapidset flexible adhesive - (10mm notched trowel okay or would 6mm be better?)
fit bottom row first, leave to set for 24hrs
then complete tiling, clean & leave dry for 24-48hrs
Apply sealant to tile front and edges in place, Leave dry for 24hrs

Grout

BAL Microflex white wall grout - 2mm gap (does 2mm grouting look alright with a 600x400 tile, or would 3mm be better?)
Clean tile surface, leave dry, Final sealant coat to cover tile and grout. Leave for 2 weeks to dry out properly before use.

Thanks for your help!
Dan

:vanish:

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Limestone tiled shower - Plan in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
I am planning to lay 600mm x 600mm x 20mm slate on to an anhydrite screed. It is a very thick...
Replies
Views
Hi, I did a limestone floor for a customer which I washed and sealed, then grouted 24 hours...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.