Discuss Limestone vs Porcelain Floor Tiles in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

C

charmi

Hello. I'm getting a new kitchen fitted and am trying to decide whether to go for Limestone floor tiles or limestone effect porcelain. The tiles will be fitted over a wet underfloor heating system, so is either more efficient for heat conductivity? I have also received conflicting advice from shops over the maintenance of limestone tiles, ranging from having to seal once every 2-3 years to 2-3 times a year. Could anybody out there please provide advice on sealing and cleaning and the benefits of one type over the other please.
Thanks

D

DHTiling

Limestone..??

Now this depends on which limestone you choose..?.. quitre a few varitaions of it and some not swuitable for a working kitchen and some very suitable..

So any idea which limestone.. do you have a name.?

As for sealers then you have been told some rubbish..:).. If the right sealer and method is used then you can get quite a few years from the first initial sealing applications.

S

Spud

it a matter of personal taste but american studies suggest that they life span of a correctly installed 10mm thick porcelain tile is 50years with little to no maintenance ,a natural product has less life span and far more maintenance and after care , therefore in the long run porcelain will be better value and less environmental impact if you dont intend changing the flooring, good luck with your decision

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Limestone vs Porcelain Floor Tiles in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
I have a customer who lives in a 200 year old property. The lounge floor he wants tiled which...
Replies
Views
We're quoting to rip up and replace a tiled floor with Limestone tiles. I'm looking for advice...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB