Discuss Limstone Flooring with / without UFH - Severe Cracking in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

N

NaturalStoneFloor

Hi there,

We have what we think is limstone flooring, with underfloor heating in a some portions (not all areas have UFH).

We are not fully informed as this was part of a refurb that the previous home owners undertook.
The floor was installed about 3 years ago, but this last winter onwards it has seen some severe cracking (it may have been the first time the UFH was left off as we were on holiday).

Cracks had however appeared before this last winter, on a less severe basis.

1. Come someone help diagnose the problem
2. What are the solutions
3. Who in London would be the best qualified firm to undertake this?
4. Is there any way insurance can cover this given I don't even know who undertook this work?

Thanks

IMG_7182.jpg
IMG_7180.jpg
IMG_7181.jpg

C

Concrete guy

It's Gascogne Blue Limestone aka Moleanos Blue aka Molianos Blue from Portugal.

That's quite some cracking and without knowing what's going on underneath you're stabbing in the dark slightly.

The cracks suggest movement and may or may not be related to the UFH. Ultimately it depends on what they are fitted to, how they are fitted and if any expansion joints should have been incorporated.

I think insurance is long shot unless an "event" has caused the cracking.

The tiling association with be able to point you towards someone who can help diagnose the problem:-

Tiles, tiling and tilers: The Tile Association

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
Could be a million things , need to know what the substrate is and what materials were used (hard one is that unless you know the tile fitter) is it water or electric ufh and are they solid bedded or d&d.
only way to find most of that out is lifting one, in a descrete place, under kitchen units or even a settee if it won't bother you to much :fearscream:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Limstone Flooring with / without UFH - Severe Cracking in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

We are having some issues with our newly laid tiles. Within several weeks of being laid, we...
Replies
Views
David John
D
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I was hoping to get some input/help on this situation. Background: We had 12 x 24"...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I had my floor ripped up after a leak two years ago and wanted to get UFH heating...
Replies
Views
Dumbo
D
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB