lo

Discuss lo in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Wivs,

In future, you need to add to a story by editing the original blog post and not adding a post below it. Naturally, with blog, the newest 'news' (or blog) goes at the top of the page so it's the first thing you see. So in theory, your newest 'episode' to stories like the holiday one are sort of upside down.

While I know it's okay for people who don't read blogs a lot to just get used to it, and obviously it's all still readable, I think your blog could actually get quite a nice number of followers from the weird world you live in lol - I'd post links on Footy websites and forums, I'd even blog once or twice about another blogger and get them to do the same, find a couple of similar just nutty general banter blogs - there are millions of them.

And I'd also get a Twitter account and link to the blog. You have 140 characters to say what you're doing as you're doing it. And I would bloody love to read some of yours! That would get a massive following, and that in turn would bring followers to your blogs.

People LOVE reading about other people, if I could harness that in a forum I would. But you just can't, it'd be a really hard thing to moderate and it'd end up with too many of your types of characters on for a thread to not get out of hand easily.

That's not a bad thing mate lol, you know me. ;)

Hats off for finally doing this. You know, there are 'mommy bloggers' in America that work from home blogging and they make a steady living out of it. It's a craze dying off a bit now but many still do fine.

And I don't really think you need to change much, just get a lot of followers and do something regular to always get people waiting for the next one, and you could be onto something really weird but unqiue at the same time there.

U

user123

Wivs,

In future, you need to add to a story by editing the original blog post and not adding a post below it. Naturally, with blog, the newest 'news' (or blog) goes at the top of the page so it's the first thing you see. So in theory, your newest 'episode' to stories like the holiday one are sort of upside down.

While I know it's okay for people who don't read blogs a lot to just get used to it, and obviously it's all still readable, I think your blog could actually get quite a nice number of followers from the weird world you live in lol - I'd post links on Footy websites and forums, I'd even blog once or twice about another blogger and get them to do the same, find a couple of similar just nutty general banter blogs - there are millions of them.

And I'd also get a Twitter account and link to the blog. You have 140 characters to say what you're doing as you're doing it. And I would bloody love to read some of yours! That would get a massive following, and that in turn would bring followers to your blogs.

People LOVE reading about other people, if I could harness that in a forum I would. But you just can't, it'd be a really hard thing to moderate and it'd end up with too many of your types of characters on for a thread to not get out of hand easily.

That's not a bad thing mate lol, you know me. ;)

Hats off for finally doing this. You know, there are 'mommy bloggers' in America that work from home blogging and they make a steady living out of it. It's a craze dying off a bit now but many still do fine.

And I don't really think you need to change much, just get a lot of followers and do something regular to always get people waiting for the next one, and you could be onto something really weird but unqiue at the same time there.

How Dan? How does that work? Who pays?

Reply to lo in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

PVA V PRIMERS – WHy you should never use PVA Glue when Wall Tiling Don’t listen to that idiot...
Replies
Views
Kitchen Tiling Guide This simple Kitchen Tiling Guide is something a lot of people could have...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
DIY Tiling; Advice for DIY Tilers So long story short, I have just purchased my first house and...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
lo
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.