UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Load bearing? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

AMtek

I always thought that plasterboard had a load bearing capacity of 20kg/m2 but according to the tta its 32kg/m2?

The maximum weight of tiling which can be supported by a dry, well-adhered plaster background is 20kg/m2, generally equivalent to ceramic tiles with a thickness of 8mm or natural stone tiles with a thickness of 7mm. When fixing directly to unskimmed paper-faced plasterboard surfaces the maximum permissible weight is increased to 32 kg/m2. These weights include adhesive and grout.

Is this correct? (which i assume it is), was i wrong in thinking it was 20kg/m2 (which i assume i was), or am i reading this wrong?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Load bearing? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have an issue I'm hoping you chaps can help me with after removing tiles from my en...
Replies
Views
1animal1
B
Afternoon all. Have recently said hello to theforum and finally got around to posing some...
Replies
Views
Boondocker
B
S
Hi all, first post... So go easy ive been to look at a job today for customer having an...
Replies
Views
I
Grateful for some advice on whether I'll be okay putting 13mm Marble onto moisture resistant...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.