Wall and Floor Tiling Standards BS 5385 Part 1 and 2 Bristish Standards, ISO Tile Fixing Standard.

Welcome to TilersForums.com, the place to discuss all tiling standards whether British Standards in Wall and Floor Tiling, BS5385, or ISO European Standards for Tile Fixing.

Tiling Standards

Wall and Floor Tiling Standards for the UK: British Standards in Tiling.

Discuss load weights in the Tiling Standards area at TilersForums.com.

J

jay

Tiled Walls
Position fasteners between 10mm and 16mm from the
edge of the sheets at the correct spacing to carry the
loads of the tiles.
For walls with tiles 6.5mm thick or 12.5 kg/m2 or less,
space fasteners at 200mm maximum centres on the
intermediate studs and at 150mm on internal and
external corners, butt joints and around openings.
Where tiles are greater than 6.5mm thick or 32 kg/m2,
space all fasteners at 100mm maximum spacing, in the
centre of sheets, on internal and external corners, butt
joints and around openings
Tile adhesive should be compatible with the
waterproofing membrane.

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&r...v73LDQ&usg=AFQjCNHAloXRBqLJ55Cxq6nknjXky-7lIw

D

Daveshadowman

forgot i have a couple of pics from my phone Blackberry Photos 085.jpg Blackberry Photos 084.jpg

D

DHTiling

funny world same product going on the same substrate yet fixed different UK standards have a long way to go

This metal stud walls have sole plate/ceiling plate and then vertical studs at 900mm centres.. no intermittent noggings.. so how can one fix other than to the studs..?

The walls are really springy and over boarding is sometimes the only way to make them rigid.. but again not always possible... maybe on a private domestic job the boarding can be removed and the walls structure strengthened but on a site like the OP has, he just has to tile it..

it isn't a case of standards have a long way to go, it is the building practices that need to be when fully tiling is to be installed and these are again different world wide..

J

jay

This metal stud walls have sole plate/ceiling plate and then vertical studs at 900mm centres.. no intermittent noggings.. so how can one fix other than to the studs..?

The walls are really springy and over boarding is sometimes the only way to make them rigid.. but again not always possible... maybe on a private domestic job the boarding can be removed and the walls structure strengthened but on a site like the OP has, he just has to tile it..

it isn't a case of standards have a long way to go, it is the building practices that need to be when fully tiling is to be installed and these are again different world wide..

Was meaning that the screws should be in the tiled areas at max 200 centers up the studs (metal or timber) not like norm one at the top one at the bottom and maybe one in the center.900 centers is stupid

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to load weights in the Tiling Standards area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views
Hello. I have a couple of questions, recently I went back to tiling x has been a lot of years...
Replies
Views
Hi Tilers, this is my first question on this forum and I've got a few different areas to cover...
Replies
Views
Ok. Basically am i tilng right/prepping correctly? Full time professional tiler, nearly 15...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB