Discuss London Marathon in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

CJ

TF
Arms
Somerset
Here's a thing that always gets me........

why are ALL the top runners (contraversal?) skins a darker shade of white. They all seem to be Ethiopians.

So are we sending food parcels over.....they are getting fit as ****...........and then coming over here and beating us.
If they can run 26 miles, then surely they can walk 20 miles to the watering hole back home.

:sofahide:

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Necessity. That 40 mile round trip to the "water well" breeds it in them. The air and environment they live in is the perfect climate for distance running or anything the involves cardio-vascular.

When i was in the army i worked alongside and played a lot of sports with Gurka's. There fitness was incredible. They managed to do things and make it look effortless. But if you see the land they lived on and what they had to do daily. Things which we have massive advantages in. Like just going to the shop for some bread. It's not surprising. Walking iron men!

E

enduro

The air and environment they live in is the perfect climate for distance running or anything the involves cardio-vascular. That is true. I tried to get a place for this year but could not get in. :thumbsdown: But next year i hope to get a place. Got a few booked for 2013 Beachy Head Marathon & The Southdowns way 100 mile relay, we do this in teams of 5. Doing London to Hatings cycle ride next sunday 70 miles. Hope we get nice weather for that. :thumbsup:

its the high altitude their in ethiopia it makes their lungs work harder to get as much oxygen as possible ;so when they run in europe its no problem ;correct me if im wrong

I don't think your far off, higher the altitude, thinner the air is... its a field day for there lungs here :D

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to London Marathon in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

hello to everybody, how's it going? I'm new here just signed up and wanted to know what...
Replies
Views
OK hear me out. Kitchen floor. Pro tiler. 15mm clearance from top of dishwasher to underside of...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Hi there I ordered 160sqm of 90cm x 90cms of matching Large Format Porcelain tiles. 105sqm for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB