Discuss Long time no post, but thought youd like this one Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Long time no post, but thought youd like this one Discussion ThreadLong time no post, but thought youd like this one Electrical Advice

This is quite lengthy so get comfy...

I had a bizarre call out relating to a job I attended about five years ago. The situation was they were getting regular short term low voltages across all phases, only a few seconds, but enough to make lights flicker.

In the intervening years they had done precisely nothing.

This is a corporate HQ with data centre covering 5-600 remote locations. If the servers go down they lose half a million a day. This I a multi billion pound outfit.

Anyhow I get a call out to reattend this issue as now the voltage drops are dipping bellow 180V and PCs and such are shutting down, servers are bouncing on and off UPSs and the whole senior management are running round like Micheal Jackson in a Pepsi advert.

On arrival I find that a back up generator had been installed overnight and the DNO were drilling and sniffing for a cable fault.

I'm not entirely sure what I'm there for and ask exactly that question only to be told "we just want you here to explain what's happening"😁

The installation of the generator had been arrange by one of our competitors, they had subbed it out to a third party and it had been done overnight. All seemed to be working and the generator kicked in a few times.

It now starts to get heated, complicated and bizarre in equal measure.

One of the DNO lads, cocky little so and so (assume you till have a the swear filter) stuck his head into the cutout house and immediately lost interest in fault finding, got on his phone and disappeared. Over the course of the next hour a further seven DNO engineers turned up and entered discussions making noises about disconnecting the generator and pulling the main fuses.

This had the customers going beyond panic and on the phone to the companies solicitors and threats to sue for millions (😁)

The owner of the competitor contract company turns up and immediately goes off his nut about me being on site and how he is no longer responsible as I'd "stuck my oar in".

The generator...

Read more

Long time no post, but thought youd like this one for the original thread on Electricians Forums

Reply to Long time no post, but thought youd like this one Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

D
Imaginge: You have a product that a company could sell. And: You want their buyers to take...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Lou

Staff member
Esteemed
Admin
Staffordshire
Website
https://www.TilersForums.com
What member type are you?
  1. Support Rep (here to provide support only)
Business Name
TilersForums.com

Thread Information

Title
Long time no post, but thought youd like this one Electrical Advice
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Electrical Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
None

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond