Guest viewing is limited

Discuss looking for advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

msec

Hello everyone,

My first post so here goes,

Having trained as a spark and working for a small property maintenance company, I have recently become self employed. I already have an electrical apprenticeship and have attained part p registration. Added to which I have a small but fair amount of plumbing experience gained whilst in employment. As such I'm really interested in the kitchen and bathroom fitting side of things. I would really love to add tiling to the list of skills I already have. I have seen the website for the DIY school in Stockport and wondered if anyone had any feedback on them? I'd also appreciate any advice on what sort of courses I should be looking at and if it is realistic to gain the skills needed on the 'short' courses. I am only interested in domestic work and as I said, I'm self employed so formal qualifications aren't impotant. However, I'm not a cowboy and won't be attempting anything until fully confident I can do myself justice.

Any advice would be greatly received and appreciated.

Many thanks, msec

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Hi,

Checkout Tiling Courses Feedback - tilersforums.com | Tile Forums | Tiling Forum and Tiling Courses - tilersforums.com | Tile Forums | Tiling Forum along with Tiling Courses | Tiling Courses | Wall Tiling Courses | Floor Tiling Course.

Note that it's very wise that you should consider travelling (or staying over) if THE RIGHT TRAINING CENTRE isn't close to you.

Try to speak to a few forum members via Private Messaging them (by clicking on their name in a post) who have left feedback. Note though that the first post in a thread/topic is the oldest, so if it's a well established training centre with feedback, contact the people who left the last few posts of the thread. :thumbsup:

Sounds like you'll have a nice business one day, and plenty of customers. Plumbing would be the one after tiling and other than needing labour, I don't think you'd need to rely on other tradesmen, and you could expand and be quite unique in some sense.

Hit me when you're getting big and in the mean time, consider a Mistore - Brochure and Ecommerce Website Design - Sussex, Brighton website and PM (Private Message) me and I'll see if I can help get optimise it for you.

Also, if you haven't already. Checkout Electricians Forum | Electrical Advice Forum | An electrical forum for electricians in the UK - Powered by vBulletin, Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK and Contractor Forum | Construction and Redevelopment Advice for Professional Contractors and Tradesmen which is still quite new. Our sister sites and they're just as sound on them sites as they are here on TF. ;)

Reply to looking for advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
I’ve got a job using marble geometric mosaics about 10 mm thick. I’ve tried several blades to...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
looking for advice
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.