Discuss Looking for help in NorthEast near Newcastle Upon Tyne in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bill2

Hello
I am in South Northumberland near Morpeth.
Looking for someone to do the work described below, asap:

I have an ensuite shower cubicle that has a few tiles fallen off on one wall, revealing soggy plasterboard below, and the paper surface has come off it with the tiles. Also to enter the shower you need to step up over the lower door frame. Below the door frame is a 'step' built up and tiled. These tiles are loose and behind one I can see about 1.5 inch thick mortar onto plywood which is rotted.
I guess the best course of action for the wall would be to carefully remove more tiles, cut out the plasterboard and replace it, then tank it and replace the tiles. For the step I guess all the tiles need removing and a new 'step' needs making out of better material, tank that and then re tiled and re sealed.
Does that seem to be the best way forward or can I let the plasterboard dry out then tank it as it is, then replace tiles?
Task is too much for me to tackle, so any recommendations for reliable person to do the job in my location asap, and how much would something like this cost to do right as I have no idea?
I have used 'ratedpeople' and 'toptradesmen' websites to try to find someone, but not heard anything so far.
Any help/advice appreciated
Thanks
Mandeep​

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Looking for help in NorthEast near Newcastle Upon Tyne in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone. I'm really hoping you all can help as I am at my wits end. We have hired...
Replies
Views
Wetroom leaked. Former and first course of wall tiles removed. WBP ply on joists (shower tray...
Replies
Views
Hello, this is my first post so here goes, advice needed. It was decided that I should renovate...
Replies
Views
My tiled bathroom floor is new but I have moisture seemingly seeping up through the grouting in...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Looking for help in NorthEast near Newcastle Upon Tyne
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.