Discuss Looking for some expert advice in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Uk
Beat me to it @Boggs ;)

Soz :)
[automerge]1588877588[/automerge]
Yes joists are under the chipboards panels

First thing to do is check for deflection in the floor, simple way is to brim a glass with water, put it on the floor and jump up and down. If the water splashes out then the floor will need some strengthening with extra joists or noggings.
If it passes then overboard with 6mm Hardie backer, installed to manufacturers instructions and tile on top using a good quality adhesive.
You should be good to go then.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Looking for some expert advice in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, hoping for some advice.... Had a anhydrite screed laid early Feb. Looking at laying 20mm...
Replies
Views
First time poster here. For some context, I have a (mostly finished) tiny home with some really...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone. I'm after some advice with regard large format Tiles with water fed underfloor...
Replies
Views
Tiberiu Curelaru
T
Hi all, I'm looking to tile the entirety of our small patio area with either brick slips or...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB