Discuss Looking for some tiling advice in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

smathers

ooking for advice , I’ve had someone in tiling walls , but am really unsure about the finish....the cuts seem really ragged and edges and off at certain places , now I’ve not had tiling done before so unsure what grout covers and if what’s been done is acceptable , I’ve put a hold on the work for the time being. Can anyone tell me if this is ok , I’ve posted a few photos thanks . Sorry for all the photos just a bit worried

6AA16493-A7DC-4C7D-BFEA-FCC937F9B9DA.jpeg 6A9B50B7-29F8-4A03-8F17-8B6D38DF79D7.jpeg FC4A8966-3EB2-434A-89EC-4545DEE2FD29.jpeg C02A2BDE-3486-477E-A11C-86B6760D091B.jpeg AC8B1F20-1236-4C3E-A7DE-F52654143EC8.jpeg 9D51EF34-C7C0-47D3-9154-C796DD64FD99.jpeg 17475122-5F14-4C59-AFDE-65F025994F3B.jpeg

S

smathers

White grout and tidy siliconing will make it look a bit better, especially the corner cuts, but won't hide the bond all going to pot and bad cuts, cheapest quote by any chance?
Hi there, by no means was he the cheapest , we were also employing him to do our floor , which is a much more expensive tile . Like I said I’ve never had any tiling done before so am very unsure what’s acceptable , the grout that he was meant to be doing was a dark grey/ black which was making me more concerned about the finish , I really appreciate your reply thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

smathers

how did you get this guy . was he recommended to you. how much research did you do on him . or was he the cheapest quote?
Hi , he came recommended by my joiner that does work for me , and I also checked his reviews on my builder and Facebook , he is also employed by a tiling company , he wasn’t the cheapest quote at all , and the pictures of his prior work looked good , really annoyed what’s happened , not letting him anywhere near my floor tiles now

GAZ5518

TF
Esteemed
Arms
EPSOM
Hi there, by no means was he the cheapest , we were also employing him to do our floor , which is a much more expensive tile . Like I said I’ve never had any tiling done before so am very unsure what’s acceptable , the grout that he was meant to be doing was a dark grey/ black which was making me more concerned about the finish , I really appreciate your reply thanks.
Give the dark grout a wide berth.. I suggest you grout all in white to help mask it.... but don’t let him do anymore.. unfortunately not a good installation..

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Looking for some tiling advice in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
Hi there Homeowner here who recently had my kitchen tiled by a professional tiler. We’ve been...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm tiling the floor of a wetroom and would like some advice on the best way to lay the...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to forum and after some advice after a professional install. Just had kitchen...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB