UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Looking for tiles for my Mum! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Tile Seeker

I have just visited my mum who is 80 this year. It's time for her to re-do her bathroom - get rid of her bath and have a 'wet room' shower installed - if she's going to be able to stay in her house long term. We've looked round, decided on layout/product etc. We have a good idea of what's out there and what will work for her. BUT... she cannot find any tiles that she likes better than what's in her current bathroom, plus the idea of the mess created by having all those perfectly good tiles hacked off, is making her think twice about the whole project. One contractor suggested that she wouldn't need that many tiles to just patch up (the changes only affect one wall) - if she could find any... We have searched behind/under the bath panel, in the shed and the garage (I have yet to go in the attic, not looking forward to that one). The bathroom was put in by owners before last, between 6 to 10 years ago, we think. If we could find out what the tiles are we might be able to find some. HPIM2334.jpg HPIM2335.jpg HPIM2336.jpg

The tile size is 250mm x 330mm. It is quite a distinctive accent tile and border and I'm hoping that someone might recognize it (manufacturer/importer/style name?). We don't actually need any of the accent tiles, it's the plain cream/beige regular tiles that go with them that we need.

Thanks to anyone who might be able to offer suggestions.

T

Tile Seeker

Thanks for the welcome, and for replying so quickly.

Will an experienced tiler be able to get a reasonable number of tiles off - whole - to be used again? I know that's probably a question like how long is a ball of string and depends on various factors. The tiling is well done and appears to be firmly on there. We're looking at a corner, one wall is breeze blocks backing onto an integral garage and the other is a stud wall. Does that affect how easy it is to get the tile off?

Thanks very much for the suggestion, it is well worth exploring.

Tile Seeker

T

Tile Seeker

Aaah yes, the law of sod!

Send her to the Cotswolds for a few days and strip the lot out. No one likes upheaval and mess but she'll love it when she gets back.

Yes, that's what we were thinking of doing, we're planning on having her stay with us so she's out of the way. It's just that I've been to so many showrooms with her and no tiles are to her liking...!

Thanks again.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Looking for tiles for my Mum! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
I'm Looking For This Tile Looking for Mardin / Mardin Gold Tiles
Hi, we've recently had a wet room leak and have had to pull up some tiles. I'm looking for some...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've just seen patches of tile backer board with patches where something looks to have...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.