UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Looking for work - Try this in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

Leatherface

Chaps - here is a method of getting work & contacts - I have had some sucess :

Sit down one evening with the Yellow Pages / Phone book / Thompson local.
Find the listing for plumbers......
Here's where you start blagging it :
Phone one, introduce yourself as a tiler. Say that you are looking for a GOOD Plumber to pass on some work onto when needed & also assist with the plumbing on full bathroom installs. Would he be interested.
You will either get a negative response, a vague response or enthusiastic.
The ones that you are looking for are the ones who mention needing a tiler sometimes / or a lot.
Keep the guys number. Keep phoning a few & remember to try & pass some work their way - hopefully you may get some in return.
Regards

L

Leatherface

I think Leather is the definitely the lad who visitedthe cash & carry on the way to school then under cut the tuck shop:)

You don't know how right you are there mate...
When I was at school my dad used to be the Factory Manager at a biscuit factory - KP Foods / Mc Vities group - he used to bring home free crisps / nuts / biscuits & choc dips - I used to sell them at school - :) :) :)

L

Leatherface

Cheers pal
In business - your actual trade is only part of it - again as Dan will agree, marketing is the key.
I have spent many a spare day or half day calling in at bathroom / kitchen shops / builders etc with my portfolio. Not just local, Leeds , Bradford , Huddersfield, Dewsbury , Wakefield, Hebden Bridge etc, etc.
I work on the basis that you can not ever have enough good contacts. This costs me diesel only - don't ever want to have to spend a penny on advertising. Yes I always chat to every single trade that I meet on a job - more contacts for work.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Looking for work - Try this in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Hi, My tiler has just left and apart from him chatting to me about his life story for majority...
Replies
Views
Hi all; We're looking at hiring skilled Wall/floor tilers to join our team in Canberra...
Replies
Views
Muhammad fiaz
M
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.