Discuss Ltd anyone ? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I've been Ltd since about 2011. For tax benefits more than anything.

Used to be able to go Ltd to avoid mixing business finance issues with your personal finance situation.

Now anybody who gives tog credit will want a directors guarantee on their personal assets.

And you can't sell business assets for £1 to yourself in times of trouble and before you fold a company like you used to be able to. Annoyed me that loop hope did I'm glad they sorted that out.

So there's very little benefit these days other than a few K tax benefits etc

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
That's the thing though mate. Unlike years ago when that would stand true. These days if you owe either creditors as in suppliers, they'd have had a directors guarantee (so on your personal assets) and if you owe the tax man, you're still entitled to pay it even years down the line. The moment you make cash again.

So it doesn't wipe anything off when you fold a company that's in a bad shape.

Years ago you'd run a company, turn over loads of cash, draw it out and spend it on yachts, fold the company and never pay your suppliers or the tax man. And you'd just have a bad name for yourself and not much else.

As people got wise to it (and the VAT scam) so did the government and suppliers.

An age old Ltd company would have benefits maybe, but a new one would probably hinder you as it would have no credit rating etc.

Really worth speaking to 2 or 3 accountants not just one these days to get a good feel for what your actual business needs.

I found that I was paying too much tax as a sole trader, and if I went Ltd, even though the accountants fees went up a bit, the tax savings outweighed it by miles. I'm the type of guy that spends all the profit quite quick and can't save for long. I have to buy assets that I can sell in times of trouble moreso than build up a bank account. Trying to change that but it's bloody hard haha

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Ltd anyone ? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi - this looks like a really great forum and I’m hoping I can get some advice. We have a...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Looking to get a couple of new disc's for the DW and always used stock Dt 3734 - 25.4cm...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to forum but tiled a few DIY jobs for friends and family over the years. Can anyone...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB