UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss macs 1st job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

CON5933

Very nice job mate,

I think we're all guilty of thinking it would have been better if customers had done this or that... but that's cos we're only mere men (or so the mrs tells me) we can't see anything but the tiles, they can see the colour contrasts with the paper, mirrors and blinds they are putting up...

As far as the 'stepped' wall go's mate, depending on the depth theres not alot you can do unless you stud it out and board it. Well done:)

Q

quick draw macgraw

Hi RonRob,

yes i could have but you have to weigh things up and i'm not a time served tiler so sometimes you think of things in hindsight, ie: it would have looked crap at the base as there would have been huge drop to skirting although i could have put new skirt on, the job was cheap favour for a friend i only charged her £100 and that was for a little plumbing as well. Lets say i did plasterboard the wall, what with adhesive and tile there would have been around 20mm drop to wall at top where trim has to go, can you get 20mm trim? Any info would be grateful,

cheers Steve.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to macs 1st job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
  • Article
I can personally recommend UK Pro Tiling. Darren is a great tutor, the aftercare is great and it...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.