Discuss Made 2 mistakes with mapeigum, what will be the outcome? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

John the tile

went to job today and i was able to peel of a section of mapeigum that i had spread on the day before but on another wall, this was about 1mm thick onto plasterboard, it just came off in one whole peice like wallpaper, like it was not really bonded to the plasterboard. It took the paper off the plasterboard aswell. Im now stressed as im wondering why this happened and whether it will happen with the walls which ive already tiled......

J

John the tile

No I havnt tried to pull any tiles off the other walls... I might?:yikes:

What happened was when I arrived this morning I noticed some high points on the mapeigum, nothing major but I just wanted to scrape them/knock them off before tiling... I used my scraper and knocked them off and whilst doing this i created a slight lift on the one small edge, so i pinched it with my fingers and then pulled it all off...

Reply to Made 2 mistakes with mapeigum, what will be the outcome? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Made 2 mistakes with mapeigum, what will be the outcome?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.