Discuss making a profit! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
As above, speak to the supplier and tell them to give the customer X discount and keep your Y discount. If they pay by Credit Card most shops won't give you cash back, it screws with their books. But they can give you a credit note. If the customer pays cash, it's easy for them to give you a cash 'refund'. But a 'refund' if the customer pays by card should legally go back on card.

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
its reaaly up to you george what you do and what you have agreed wiht the customer prior to him wanting to be there when the tiles are paid for

i have never actually had a customer insist i meet him at a certain time so he can see how much the tiles cost,if you need the work then as mike says go for it

personally i would be saying no and reaching an agreeement that suited me as well as the customer

put your quote in writing as well before you start or he may well be dictating the labour bill to you as well

T

tfs

If you want your cut be he insists on buying let him do it but, if you want a cut offer to supply dont allow retailer to discuss your discount with the client. If client wants your discount that is your call mate. If this is the case tell him that you will supply and give him a discount for yourself whilst maintaining some mark up for yourself.

Its realy your call mate!

At the very least you should supply and bill for adhesives (should make a little on this), just tell him you dont want him to purchase the adhesive as you have a pallet in the garage that you buy in order to supply.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to making a profit! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently carried out work on tiling a fireplace for customer. I took my time and got the...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Hull

Thread Information

Title
making a profit!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.