UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss making up a mosaic for a door threshold in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Alan M

hi there.

i will be putting down a floor in a few weeks . there are mosaics across the thresholds. they are 1" squares and 2 rows. iv tried 15-20 tile shops and cant find anything close . is has creams ,blacks,off whites,and teracotta type coloured stone.
the shop that they were got in closed 3 years ago so there is very little chance of finding them.
i got a few tiles . some kind of stone. they are 3" ish square.
could i cut them up with my grinder and smooth the edges and knock off the sharp edges.
would i need to stick them to some kind of backing , if so what.

do you think this would work . any advice please

thanks in advance

Yeees, I did wonder, I was just looking it up. That's why I keep on sites like this.
They are good at their work but I still think the issue of PVA hasn't spread to most of the mosaic world. I imagine Gorilla glue's fine. I asked the tech dept. at Bostik and they recomended 'Serious Stuff' (I said it was for an exterior mosaic). I have used CT1 but it's a bit pricey at £10.00 a cartridge.

Doing them in reverse how you've said sounds perfect, it's a pain using a caulking gun but that sounds like the ideal solution. When I've used the CT1 for my stuff (10mm x 10mm x 4mm) I would just squeeze some out onto an old tile and then use a small spreader stick.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to making up a mosaic for a door threshold in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm looking for solid answer or opinion. We had some windows removed on an exterior wall and...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.