Discuss malicious code in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

H

hungover

Hi. Avast is blocking access to coding on this site. It allows me to actually reach the site but I seem to have incomplete editing access, eg I cant do carriage returns etc. No idea if it was just 3rd party advertising that was flagging it or not. only got the avast warning once. The following is copied from the avast notification, cheers
URL:http://www.tilersforums.com/misc.php?v
Process:C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer...
Infection:HTML:RedirDL-inf [Trj]

H

hungover

I use Avast at home and get the same trojan alert too

I suspect that Avast saw an in-page advert that lead to a malicious site. This evening Avast seems to be happy.

The lack of functionality doesn't appear to have been related (just coincidental).

BTW on Windows 7, IE10, I can get the return button to work if I hit the function key (f12) and select Browser mode: IE10 Compat View.

Regards

H

hungover

whats Avast?......ive been having trouble for ages with my return key not working and not being able to post photos..

Please see my post above. I had the photo problem as well but if you can see my screen shot then it confirms that Compatibility mode works.

tilerforum.png

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Hi. Avast is blocking access to coding on this site. It allows me to actually reach the site but I seem to have incomplete editing access, eg I cant do carriage returns etc. No idea if it was just 3rd party advertising that was flagging it or not. only got the avast warning once. The following is copied from the avast notification, cheers
URL:http://www.tilersforums.com/misc.php?v
Process:C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer...
Infection:HTML:RedirDL-inf [Trj]

What's the full URL you get?

H

hungover

I'm guessing the code is an avast! issue.

Sucuri SiteCheck - Free Website Malware Scanner

The forum is clean.

I'm double checking the backend though just in case.

With regards to the return key not working, what browser does this seem to be happening on?

I am on windows 7 with IE 10. In compat. view I can get the carriage returns but not otherwise.

Not sure which version of Vbulletin you are using (or which plugins) but the carriage return for ie10 is a "known" issue

IE 10 and Carriage Return in Editor 4.2.1 - vBulletin Community Forum

Image posting works but there is somekind of weird lag. When you navigate through your hard drive to find an image to upload and then hover over the "upload file" field/button the text and background change to white. You don't get any indication that anything is happening. In my case, although the image did eventually upload I thought it hadn't

Apropos the Avast warning, as I said earlier, I suspect that it saw a hyperlink to a known bad site, probably one of the google generated adverts. Avast didn't block access to the whole page but (from memory) didn't show all of the adverts. Sorry, I wasn't intentionally suggesting that this site itself is unclean.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I am on windows 7 with IE 10. In compat. view I can get the carriage returns but not otherwise.

Not sure which version of Vbulletin you are using (or which plugins) but the carriage return for ie10 is a "known" issue

IE 10 and Carriage Return in Editor 4.2.1 - vBulletin Community Forum

Image posting works but there is somekind of weird lag. When you navigate through your hard drive to find an image to upload and then hover over the "upload file" field/button the text and background change to white. You don't get any indication that anything is happening. In my case, although the image did eventually upload I thought it hadn't

Apropos the Avast warning, as I said earlier, I suspect that it saw a hyperlink to a known bad site, probably one of the google generated adverts. Avast didn't block access to the whole page but (from memory) didn't show all of the adverts. Sorry, I wasn't intentionally suggesting that this site itself is unclean.

Added the compatibility code to run as IE9 so should be working. We only ever have issues with IE, it's rubbish. They do things their own way and expect the internet to cater for them.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Sorry Dan

Avast wouldn't give me the full URL and TBH I can't remember which page it was. On that day, of the 5 or so pages on this forum that I visited, Avast was only unhappy once.

Hi,

I've seen reports on vBulletin forum about this, and nobody could find out what it was then either. It's Avast! throwing up a random I think. The forum's been checked and it's all clean. And nobody can replicate the issue.

Check the vb forums for the TRJ bit at the bottom of the report and you'll find a thread with VB staff discussing it.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to malicious code in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

S
I should warn you about a virus that’s going the rounds right now. This one is a trojen and...
Replies
Views
mikebidd
M

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB