Discuss Manual or Electric - Some Advice Needed in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

Wully

Guys

After several years of reading and admiring some of the work being carried out I've taken the plunge to revisit the bathroom and have opted for some 600x300mm porcelain tiles from CTD.

So after finally getting round to starting, I dug out the old and what was trusted and please don't laugh Plasplugs Tommy Walsh electric cutter and a new Marcrist CK650SF Diamond Tile Blade from Screwfix I set about cutting a few tiles ---- disaster, major amount of chips along the cut line.

This leads me to my question, the cutter is really on its way out so it's time to replace, but what with?

I'm willing to spend on this so I had a look at the Rubi DU200 BL which I know is a basic entry cutter but would I be better going to a manual cutter, Sigma / Rubi??

Any advice would be appreciated.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Tadcaster
Guys thanks for the replies.... yes I could hire the cutter but I was thinking longer term.

The million dollar question, obviously with the 600mm length what manual cutter would you suggest?

Back to the rubi/ sigma debate!
i have 2 sigma manual cutters and 3 rubi. For ceramic I prefer the rubi, but for porcelain the sigma is better.

you could buy one to do the job, then sell on eBay when you have finished?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Manual or Electric - Some Advice Needed in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB