Discuss Manual Tile Saw in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jaydebruyne

Any recommendations on a manual saw?

I just bought a Topps Tiles budget saw and the blade bent. Is this normal?

Maybe I was putting too much pressure on the blade? It's quite flimsy though, and any less pressure wouldn't have cut the tile.

Also, just used my Rubi 40 N Plus tile cutter for the first time (test on a single tile) and it takes quite a bit of pressure to snap the tile after scoring. Is this normal?

Cheers

S

Stef

When you say manual saw is it something like this you bought?
u9uje5as.jpg

S

Stef

I had a feeling it was this one, buy yourself a cheap electric tile saw & try that.
If using this manual tile saw you have been pushing too hard, you have to let the blade do the work.
You will get a replacement out of Topps or ScrewFix will do one.
Your Rubi star should be cutting the tile you bought no problem, your either scribing the tile too heavy or not heavy enough.
Flick with the breaker to snap the tile don't use sustained pressure as it's not how you snap the tile.
Use off cuts to get used to the cutter.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Manual Tile Saw in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views
Hi Gents, I've got two cutters, a TS-40 and a TS-60, along with a wet saw. However I'm finding...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Im a DIYer doing a lot of work on an old house we are f restoring. I have put down a...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, been a keen reader of the forum for a few weeks now. Getting ready for a DIY bathroom...
Replies
Views
Dear TilersForum Thank you so much for the outstanding advice and expert information over time...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB