Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Mapegum WPS - any good in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

janzbro

Hi all, looking into Tanking Prods and have choosen to go with the paint on plasterboard variety.

Is the Mapei any good, have any of you used it , if so what do you think.

In reality does it take a long time to go off, does it bond well to plasterboard and do you still need to tape corners with it or can you paint in corners then apply a skrim then overpaint.

forgot to mention Im fitting a shower tray so It not a full wet room job just tanking the inside (3 walls) of a cubicle.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

janzbro

Hell of a lot of questions for someone who has decided :smilewinkgrin:

Use a membrane is my advice ..................... Wetroom Tanking Offer

:thumbsup:

you wouldn't of course be biased toward one product would you wetdec :lol:

For my level of expertise (very little) a paint on prod is a lot easier, please don't feel aggrieved that I have not chosen your system, Im just trying to keep the costs down and its another £50.

If I listened to everyone else I asked (not on here of course) I would have just PVA'd it so at least I'm trying to do it right :thumbsup:

M

mojoammo

I've used alot of paint on tanking ( Bal, Mira, Mapei) and found them all to be easy to apply and effective. Yes you do need to use mesh tape in all corners, bedding it into the wet tanking and then over coating it thoroughly. Drying time can delay tiling a little but is generally not a problem as a start can be made on a different wall if only tanking the shower, or if doing a whole room then the wall where you started will be dry by the time you have painted the rest of the room.

All that said, I recently fitted the Schluter system using Ditri and Kerdi matting. These products are excellent with proven results, however they are more labour intensive and must be costed correctly, allowing for additional adhesive and time.

W

wetdec

I've used alot of paint on tanking ( Bal, Mira, Mapei) and found them all to be easy to apply and effective. Yes you do need to use mesh tape in all corners, bedding it into the wet tanking and then over coating it thoroughly. Drying time can delay tiling a little but is generally not a problem as a start can be made on a different wall if only tanking the shower, or if doing a whole room then the wall where you started will be dry by the time you have painted the rest of the room.

All that said, I recently fitted the Schluter system using Ditri and Kerdi matting. These products are excellent with proven results, however they are more labour intensive and must be costed correctly, allowing for additional adhesive and time.

In reply I would have to say using an off the roll membrane such as Dura-wp if faster and safer than paint on membrane and if your paying too much for your membrane your buying it at the wrong place m8.

Get some pics of these jobs up m8 we love to see pics from experienced fixers & wetroom installers its good for the members...........:thumbsup:

Reply to Mapegum WPS - any good in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hiya all, I'm a DIY gal on first bathroom. Wondered if you could check out my plans and let me...
Replies
Views
Hi, Absolute newby here in terms of tiling. Having been doing lots of research and I think I`m...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Mapegum WPS - any good
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.