UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Mapei flexible grout 132 beige in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

MPM

The Issue I have is Bal have great instructions on their packaging, Mapei have no instructions on their packaging, I have been grouting for 12 years and never had a problem before until I used Mapei 132 Beige, Mapei have concluded after a site visit that I had cleaned off with to much water on the sponge, i was given a lesson on how to do it correctly. What makes me angry is the fact that there are no instructions printed on the product. They assume that professionals and DIY's alike know their way of grouting. I'm going to challenge Mapei on this matter to ensure that no one else gets caught out.
Would love to know if any one else has been caught out like this and how they got on with correcting the patchy colour that has been left

Read more: http://www.tilersforums.com/tile-ad...-you-grout-flexible-grouts.html#ixzz24PRdfdWc

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

The Issue I have is Bal have great instructions on their packaging, Mapei have no instructions on their packaging, I have been grouting for 12 years and never had a problem before until I used Mapei 132 Beige, Mapei have concluded after a site visit that I had cleaned off with to much water on the sponge, i was given a lesson on how to do it correctly. What makes me angry is the fact that there are no instructions printed on the product. They assume that professionals and DIY's alike know their way of grouting. I'm going to challenge Mapei on this matter to ensure that no one else gets caught out.
Would love to know if any one else has been caught out like this and how they got on with correcting the patchy colour that has been left

Read more: http://www.tilersforums.com/tile-ad...-you-grout-flexible-grouts.html#ixzz24PRdfdWc
challenge them you should. there are no instructions why because all tiles are diffrent grout porcs the grout will take longer to go off guess what you used to much water. grout poures ceramic guess what you used to much water .grout mosaic guess what you used to much water and so on do you get it now:mad2:

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

At least Bal have tried and done a good job to cover these aspects and their butts, if you new the whole story you would never use Mapei grouting products again.
Last year I spent over £2,000 on grouts
we all pay for our knolege in time or money why oh why do we stand there and listern to reps who have never fixed a tile in there lives always give them a challenge ask them to show you how to grout your next job to show you how to do it right that should be the person you are talking to and no other

R

Rookery

I got some free grouting training from Mapei and it was one of the best things I ever did. I use Mapei almost exclusively and never have a problem. I think if the manufacturers produced a comprehensive guide to using all their products in all situations and with all tile types, it would result in a book several hundred pages long. If I were you I'd ring Mapei and ask them for a bit of training. They're not that far from you.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Mapei flexible grout 132 beige in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hi guys Is anyone on this forum familiar with Mapei Pro Standard tile adhesive from Tile Giant...
Replies
Views
Ian Mead
I
I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views
I am part-way through having retrofit underfloor heating installed (the panel type) and in a...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.