UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Mapei Fuga Fresca Have you used it? opions please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

MPM

Used their D2 adhesive last week for the first time, great stuff will buy again (If they offer me training on the grouts I will love them all the more. I am very fair in my dealings but will fight a cause to the end if it is just. My local Tile Giant has been visited today by the Mapei rep and they are now giving out mixing leaflets with their products is that rehearsed or what, corporate bashing or guilt. I respect your comments and ask you to consider all the other threads on this subject I'm not alone Prevention is better than a Cure

G

Gazzer

Mapei`s training is free. They have quite a few days where you can go to the factory and ask anything. They will even cater for you individual requirements....also give you lunch and a goody bag to take home.
Most manufacturers have issues with their products from time to time. I dont get any issues with Mapei grouts but I have with other grouts from other manufacturers.
I use Weber wall grout in white, always have done. I use Mapei grouts for 99% of floors as I prefer the way it dries.
We are all different in our ways and what we like.
I do have to say though that working with mapei grout does take a while to get used to, just like washing off with a washboy. Once you have it mastered then I feel the benefits are excellent.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
I have to say, in my own experience, the Beige is the most sensitive to drying patchy from overwetting.
Conversely Chocolate ends up perfect no matter what you do to it.
You just have to make sure your sponge is only slightly damp and get on it far earlier than you would other brands but make sure its firmed up.
I work in smaller areas too, on an average sized bathroom I'd only do 1 wall at a time, less if the weather's hot.
I'd also add that the pigments in some of their colours, noticably beige and jasmine, really need a thorough mixing to achieve a homogenous colour, low speed small paddle mixer takes the sweat out of that.
UCP can be a pain to use, I only notice this when I use another brand and find it so much more user-friendly. Having 'cut my teeth' so to speak with UCP and learnt from past mistakes I find their colour range, finish and matching silicone hard to beat so the pros outweigh the cons.

UCP white however should be renamed chewing gum grey and I will never use again.
BAL Microflex for white as mentioned previously.

Edited to say I replied to totally the wrong thread here!!

Last edited:

Ken Bruty

TF
Arms
Bedford
I've used the Fuga Fresca, the grey one on a limestone grout to give grey grout lines on a polished porcelain floor, and it was fine, 2 years later when I went back to do more tiling for them, the re-coloured grout still looked pristine, I found it quite easy to apply as long as you have the other hand following with a damp sponge so as not to go over the curing time recommended, it may be more difficult on a textured tile face though.

M

MPM

I've used the Fuga Fresca, the grey one on a limestone grout to give grey grout lines on a polished porcelain floor, and it was fine, 2 years later when I went back to do more tiling for them, the re-coloured grout still looked pristine, I found it quite easy to apply as long as you have the other hand following with a damp sponge so as not to go over the curing time recommended, it may be more difficult on a textured tile face though.

Used today will let you know, went on ok I might have to touch up will see in the morning:smilewinkgrin:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Mapei Fuga Fresca Have you used it? opions please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I have redone the tiles (porcelain ones) in the kitchen. The grout used, BAL...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.