Discuss Mapei Jasmine grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

happytoddy

Hi

I have Magpei jasmine grout on my beige/cream porcelain floor tiles.

Please can someone explain why the grout looks so grubby, yellow and basically awful. I've only had the floor down for 5 weeks and it looks like its been down for years.

I have been using Lithothin deep clean wash for my everyday washing of the floor.

My friend has white grout on her kitchen floor and its been down for 8 years. Its looking amazingly clean, basically looks brand new - nothing at all like mine.

I was thinking of changing the grout colour to either limestone or light grey but that will make my floor covering alot darker.

If I do change the grout, does anyone recommend a great tool for doing this. My husband has athritis so I need to use the easiest route. Someone told me about an adapter part you can get for your drill.

Many thanks

H

happytoddy

I originally had limestome grout.

My tile need to be overgrouted as it had tiny man made holes in it which was holding dirt, so the holes needed to be filled. Instead of overgrouting in Limestone which would of darkened the whole tile we overgrouted in jasmine as requested by shop and manufacturer. Admitedly we only managed to get a thin layer of jamsine over the grout lines.

I hover and wash my floor every day.

This is why we want to remove all pre-existing grout and start afresh with the correct colour.

The tile has been fully sealed with Lithofin Impregnator.

Sorry to digress, but most people I speak with like jasmine grout with travertine tiles.

Scottley - Would you have any recommendation of an alternative? Funny you mentioned it as it's something I've been pondering recently, after going back to a job and seeing it all finished. I too thought it was a little yellow!!

Edit : back to thread....hope you have an angle grinder for the blade! I wondered if a bosch multi-tool with tungsten grit blades would be a worthwhile purchase. At least it may have other uses for you too :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Reply to Mapei Jasmine grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
Hi All Had a panic when we had to rip out some of our floor tiles after a plumbing leak...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Mapei Jasmine grout
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.