Discuss Mapei keraquick alternative? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

hillhead

Hi James, what brands have you available down there?
I'm in Armagh and have plenty of brands available- mapei, dunlop, larsen, some laticrete still floating about too( gone from ireland now i think), webber in places too.
I know Armatile supply shops in most counties too and they are mapei distributers.
Still cheaper by the pallet from Tile Giant i say.
Can you not get deliveries from Dublin even?
And isn't botament made in Castleblayney too? Not far from me either.

J

jimmycooker

I'm putting schluter ditra down on a plywood floor, i was told to use mapei keraquick mixed with mapei liquid latex, unfortunately i assumed you added the latex after mixing the bag with water.

I can't get it anywhere and just want to make sure any alternative adhesive is suitable. Any ideas / suggestions as to what to use instead and where to get it?

Also one other question, I am installing a marmox showerstone tray which is water proof. The instructions say to seal the ditra along the edge of the tray with schluter keba / coll adhsive, but i'm wondering would it be safe / ok to just run the ditra over the tray and tie it into the mcalpine trap? What do ye think?

Longest tiling job ever,

Thanks,
James.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Mapei keraquick alternative? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views
T
Doing some tiling for a friend in a few weeks 9 sqm kitchen floor. house built 1912, no DPC/M...
Replies
Views
Dumbo
D
O
So after a couple of weeks trialing @ISOMAT UK products, thought it was time to give initial...
Replies
Views
S
Pallet Deals - Adhesive & Grout Keraquick Grey 20kg Pallet Deal- 48 Bags - Pallet Deals -...
Replies
Views
J
hi,i've used mapei Keraquick + latex to tile on wooden floor. do I add latex to grout also?
Replies
Views
jaykay1948
J

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Mapei keraquick alternative?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.