Discuss Mapei MapeGrip Wall Tile Addy D2, Any good? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

Phillay

Hi all,

First post in the forums, but reading through, there's some really good information being shared by the experienced guys out there.

I'm refurbing my own bathroom at the moment, tiny room, 2.5 x 1.5 m in size.

My wife has chosen some 6mm thick, 250mm x 330mm wall tiles. Normally I'd go straight for the powdered cement based addy, but my father went a little overkill for his kitchen splashbacks and recently purchased 3 large tubs of Mapei MapeGrip Wall Tile Adhesive D2. I used it to tile his kitchen and only got through 3/4 of a tub.

He can't return them anymore, so has given them to me. Would it be suitable to use to stick my bathroom wall tiles with? My walls are all block work (1970s breeze block), rendered and plastered, very sound.

From what I've read thus far, the size of tiles are on the boarderline from using ready mixed to powdered, so thought I'd ask. Seems a shame to sling these tubs, but then I don't want my tiles dropping off one by one later!

Cheers.

B

Bubblecraft

Hi & welcome to TF Phillay. You are within the weight limit for tiling onto plaster (18.46kg pm2 for 6mm ceramic) no problem. Max weight for plaster is 20kg pm2. As for the adhesive, unfortunately, I cannot comment whether this I'd suitable or not as it not a product I would use. I'd be using Bal White Star or Bal Grip but that's my personal preference. Someone else should be able to shed some light on your particular product.

P

Phillay

Hi and thanks Bubblecraft. Yeah, I'd prefer to use BAL myself, it's what I tend to get if I'm being paid to do a job and supply the addy. Read the Mapei data sheets but it doesn't give you much info on strength etc... If it was only half a tub left, I'd get shot, but seems a shame to throw away just over 2 full 15kg tubs if it'd do the trick!

Stuck my fathers kitchen splash backs pefectly.... but then they were tiny! haha.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Mapei MapeGrip Wall Tile Addy D2, Any good? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
We've got as far as stripping out the bathroom in our new (to us) bungalow dug up floor, laid...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
Hi all About to tile kitchen backsplash with these tiles https://veronagroup.co.uk/g30200 They...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB